Senedd and Welsh Government Business
In May 2020 the former National Assembly for Wales was renamed as the Senedd – our Welsh Parliament in recognition that, with law making and tax varying powers, it is a Parliament in nature and purpose. You can read more about the Senedd here
In May 2021 Dawn was re-elected to the Senedd and was invited by First Minister Mark Drakeford to join the Welsh Government as Deputy Minister for Arts and Sport and Chief Whip. You can read about the work of the Welsh Government here.
Senedd Committees (2016-21)
In the 2016-21 term Dawn was a member of the following Senedd Committees:
- Children, Young People and Education,
- Equalities, Local Government and Communities,Environment, Climate Change and Rural Affairs Committee,
- Culture Welsh Language and Communications Committee,
- External Affairs and Legislation Committee,
- Health, Social Care and Sport Committee,
- Chair of the Committee on Senedd Reform,
- Member of the Valleys Taskforce.